GIGABYTE 990FXA UD5 AMD 990FX Chipset Socket AM3 AM3+ Motherboard
GIGABYTE® 990FXA-UD5: AMD 990FX Chipset - Socket AM3/AM3+, HyperTransport Bus @ 5200MT/s - Supports: AMD Phenom / AMD FX 4x DDR3-2000+ Slots (Dual Channel)
GIGABYTE® 990FXA-UD5: AMD 990FX Chipset - Socket AM3/AM3+, HyperTransport Bus @ 5200MT/s - Supports: AMD Phenom / AMD FX 4x DDR3-2000+ Slots (Dual Channel)
GIGABYTE® 990FXA-UD5: AMD 990FX Chipset - Socket AM3/AM3+, HyperTransport Bus @ 5200MT/s - Supports: AMD Phenom / AMD FX 4x DDR3-2000+ Slots (Dual Channel), 6x SATA RAID3 (RAID 0, 1, 5, 10), 14x USB 2.0 (6x Cable), 4x USB 3.0 Ports , 1x IEEE1394 4x PCI Express x16 (2x16/1x8/1x4), 2x PCI Express x1, 1x PCI Slots, Realtek Gigabit LAN, 7.1 Channel HD Audio (Optical/SPDIF Ports) Ultra Durable 3 Features: 2oz Copper PCB, 50,000 Hour Solid Capacitors, Ferrite Core Chokes, Driver MOSFETS, Low RDS MOSFETS Dual BIOS™, Dynamic Energy Saver 2, EasyTune, Gigabyte Smart6, 3x Way Crossfire / 2-Way SLI Support, AutoGreen, XHD, 3x USB Power 8+2 Phase Power, DualBIOS 3TB+, GIGABYTE CloudOC, AMD Overdrive
Product Range Features (Actual Product Features May Differ)
The 990FXA-UD5 motherboard is designed to offer a stable, high-speed platform for delivering amazingly fast data transfer via the GIGABYTE 333 onboard acceleration technologies. Featuring the USB3.0 controller, AMD 900 series motherboards allow users to take advantage of super fast USB transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, delivering 10x faster data transfer compared to USB 2.0. Utilizing the industry's first Serial ATA Revision 3.0 solution via AMD SB950 chipset, GIGABYTE AMD 900 series motherboards offer native 6 ports of next generation high speed data storage devices support with data transfer speeds of up to 6 Gbps with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10. The AMD 900 series motherboards introduce a unique hardware design with lower resistance fuses for ensuring lower voltage drops and providing more stable and plentiful power delivery. All USB ports also benefit from a 3x power boost for better power delivery to power hungry USB devices.
On/Off Charge Technology
* GIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology allows you to charge your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch regardless of whether your PC is on, in standby mode or even off. A derivative of GIGABYTE's highly acclaimed 3x USB Power feature, On/Off Charge enables devices to draw more current from GIGABYTE motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, so that charging from your PC can be as fast as with a charger...more
Note: Due to certain mobile phone limitations, users may need to connect the mobile phone to their PC before the PC enters S4/S5 mode to enable a quick charge from non On/Off Charge USB ports. Charging results may vary by model.
On/Off Charge Driver download
Get Ready for New Generation of 32nm AMD AM3+ CPU
GIGABYTE's AMD motherboards are ready to support new generation of 32nm AMD AM3+ multi-core processors, delivering the very best platform for multitasking, multimedia and high performance gaming.
Supports next generation of 45nm AMD AM3 CPU
* This motherboard designs with Split Power Plane, 8+2 phase VRM to support AMD the latest 45nm AM3 Phenom™II series processors, delivering the great performance enchantment to system and ultimate scalability hardware expending.
Driver MOSFETs - Integration of VRM Components
* A traditional Voltage Regulator Module (VRM) consists of a Choke, Capacitors, MOSFETs and a Driver IC. By incorporating the MOSFETs and driver IC in accordance with the Driver-MOSFET specification, we can achieve higher power transfer and increased efficiency at higher switching frequencies to satisfy the growing power requirements of today's processors. Driver-MOSFETs also help to reduce VRM real estate requirements in the CPU zone.
SATA 6 Gbps Support
* Yet another onboard feature of GIGABYTE AMD 900 series motherboards are integrated the latest AMD SB950 chip for high-speed SATA Revision 3.0 compatibility, delivering 6 ports native superfast 6Gbps link speeds for twice the data transfer rates of SATA Revision 2.0 (3 Gbps) and RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 support. When used in RAID 0 (Stripe) mode, GIGABYTE AMD 900 series motherboards offer even faster data transfer rates of up to 4x the speed of current SATA interfaces.
* SATA3 RAID 0 4x and SATA3 2x performance are maximum theoretical values. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
USB 3.0 Support
* The GIGABYTE motherboards support the latest generation SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology made possible through an onboard USB3.0 host controller. With superfast transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps, users are able to experience an almost a 10x improvement over USB 2.0. Additionally, backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 assures users of long term use of their legacy USB 2.0 devices. The onboard SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology also provides new power management features that include increased maximum bus power and device current draw to better accommodate power-hungry devices.
* USB 3.0 10x performance is a maximum theoretical value. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
3x USB Power Boost
* GIGABYTE motherboards feature a 3x USB power boost, delivering greater compatibility and extra power for USB devices. GIGABYTE’s unique USB power design is also able to efficiently regulate output over the full voltage range, which greatly enhances USB device compatibility. In addition, dedicated lower resistance fuses ensure lower voltage drops, and provide more stable and plentiful power delivery.
Multi-display Support with 3-way SLI™ and 3-way CrossFireX™
* Flexible graphics capabilities - Up to 3 VGA cards are supported for either 3 way CrossFireX™ or 3-way SLI™ action (running at two x16 or three x8 bandwidth), delivering the ultimate in graphics performance for gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution.
Note: Please update the latest version of BIOS from GIGABYTE website and VGA driver from vender’s website.
AMD OverDrive Support
* The AMD OverDrive™ utility is provided by AMD, offering high-end users the ability to maximize the capability, flexibility, and adjustability of the platforms utilizing AMD processors, sockets, and chipsets.
* For download site of AMD OverDrive™, please visit AMD official website for details: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_overdrive.aspx
** The support condition of this utility may vary by models(chipsets).
Dual Channel DDR3 2000+ MHz
* Delivering native support for DDR3 memory up to 2000MHz, GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 series motherboards allow users to easily reach higher memory frequencies at lower voltages; achieving higher memory performance with lower power consumption to run even the most memory intensive applications such as high-definition video and 3D games with ease.
108dB Signal-to-Noise ratio playback
* GIGABYTE strongly believes that in 2011, HD audio playback is a standard specification, and as such, we have made Blu-ray audio playback a standard for all of our motherboards.
All of GIGABYTE's 2011 motherboards feature higher capability audio solution with 108dB Signal-to-Noise ratio (SNR) playback quality to deliver high-performance, multi-channel HD audio. SNR is a comparison of the amount of signal to the amount of noise such as hiss present in the signal (expressed in Decibels). A higher SNR equals a better audio experience. For example, 108dB, is a high audio specification, as this means the audio signal is 108dB higher than the level of the noise.
DualBIOS™ 3TB+ HDD Support (Hybrid EFI Technology)
* Hybrid EFI Technology combines the benefits of GIGABYTE's mature BIOS platform including stability and compatibility with 3rd party products with 3TB+ HDD support from EFI technology, allowing GIGABYTE to offer the best of both worlds through a quick and easy BIOS update using GIGABYTE's @BIOS utility that is freely available from the GIGABYTE website.
GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ is a patented technology that automatically recovers BIOS data when the main BIOS has crashed or failed. Featuring 2 physical BIOS ROMs integrated onboard, GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ allows quick and seamless recovery from BIOS damage or failure due to viruses or improper BIOS updating. In addition, GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ now supports 3TB+ (terabyte) hard drive booting without the need for partitioning, and enables more data storage on a single hard drive.
Turbo XHD- Full Automatic RAID 0/Stripe
* GIGABYTE Turbo XHD provides a quick and easy way to boost your hard drive performance. Just via the latest BIOS update, Turbo XHD will automatically enabled when the system detecting 2 new SATA3 HDDs and providing users effortlessly to set up a RAID 0/Strip configuration.
Note: Turbo XHD function only enabled for the SATA3 ports provided by AMD SB950/SB850 Chipset.
Ultra Durable 3
* GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 design, featuring 2 ounces of copper for both the Power and Ground layers which dramatically lowers system temperature by delivering a more efficient spreading of heat from critical areas of the motherboard such as the CPU power zone throughout the entire PCB. GIGABYTE's Ultra Durable 3 also lowers the PCB impedance by 50%, which helps to reduce electrical waste and further lowers component temperatures. A 2oz Copper layer design also provides improved signal quality and lower EMI (Electromagnetic Interference), providing better system stability and allowing for greater margins for overclocking...more
GIGABYTE innovative technology- Easy Energy Saver
* GIGABYTE innovative technology- Easy Energy Saver Featuring an advanced proprietary software design, GIGABYTE Easy Energy Saver is able to dynamically adjust CPU power depending on workload, delivering just the right amount of power needed for the task. Coupled with AMD’s highly efficient processors, the Easy Energy Saver is able to provide exceptional levels of power savings and enhanced power efficiency without sacrificing computing performance.
* GIGABYTE has completely redesigned EasyTune6 from the ground up to make it easier than ever to manage and monitor your hardware resources as well as tweak your system settings in order to achieve maximum system performance. Whether you are an overclocking enthusiast, or a computer novice, EasyTune6 provides the tools you need to quickly and effortlessly fine tune your system.
Power eSATA- Power Cable-free
* Featuring with two external SATA (Power eSATA) ports in the rear panel that provide smart setup and hot-plug functionality that allows easier data backup and content manipulation on external storage devices.
* GIGABYTE Cloud OC is a free overclocking application that facilitates PC overclocking through any web browsing capable device such as a smart phone, iPad, iPhone, Netbooks or notebook PC. Being browser based, it connects via wireless Internet, Bluetooth or through an Ethernet cable, and its many functions are categorized into three tabs: Tuner, System Info and Control...more
Cloud OC download
AutoGreen- Greening your PC via Bluetooth cellphone
* AutoGreen technology can automatically save power by simply putting your PC in a state of sleep when your Bluetooth® cell phone is out of range of your computer.
Note: GIGABYTE motherboards do not include a Bluetooth® receiver; the addition of a 3rd party Bluetooth receiver is required.
Dolby Home Theater Support
* Delivers vivid surround sound for music, movies, and games, using two to eight speakers or any set of headphones.
Norton™ Internet Security
* Fast, comprehensive, and up-to-the-minute protection against online threats. It safeguards your computer, identity, and home network without slowing you down. It sets a new standard for speed and makes online shopping, banking, and browsing safer and more convenient than ever.
Qualified for Windows® 7
The motherboard qualified for WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) certification of Windows 7 from Microsoft®, setting the standard for future Windows 7 certified motherboards...more
ErP Lot 6 support
* The ErP (also known as Energy-Related Products Directive) is part of the European Union's environmental regulations policy. It is based on concern for the environmental as the proliferation of electronic devices continues, and how to improve energy efficiency for a better and greener life. GIGABYTE supports ErP and produces motherboards that help you effectively improve system efficiency.
Product Range Specification (Actual Product Specifications May Differ)
CPU AM3+ Socket:
1. Support for AMD AM3+ FX processors
2. Support for AMD AM3 Phenom™ II processors / AMD Athlon™ II processors
(Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.)
Hyper Transport Bus
1. 5200 MT/s
1. North Bridge: AMD 990FX
2. South Bridge: AMD SB950
1. 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory (Note 1)
2. Dual channel memory architecture
3. Support for DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules (Note 2)
(Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.)
1. Realtek ALC889 codec
2. High Definition Audio
4. Support for Dolby Home Theater
5. Support for S/PDIF Out
1. 1 x Realtek RTL8111E chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
1. 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 (PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2) (Note 3)
2. 1 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x8 (PCIEX8) (Note 4)
3. 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x4 (PCIEX4_1, PCIEX4_2)
4. 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
5. (All PCI Express slots conform to the PCI Express 2.0 standard.) 1 x PCI slot
1. Support for 2-Way/3-Way AMD CrossFireX™ and NVIDIA SLI™ technology
Storage Interface South Bridge:
1. 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3_0~SATA3_5) supporting up to 6 SATA 6Gb/s devices
2. Support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID5, RAID 10 and JBOD
2 x Marvell 88SE9172 chips:
1. 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (GSATA3_6, GSATA3_7) supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
2. 2 x eSATA 6Gb/s connectors on the back panel supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
3. Support for RAID 0 and RAID 1
USB South Bridge:
1. Up to 14 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (8 ports on the back panel, 6 ports available through the internal USB headers)
2 x Etron EJ168 chips:
1. Up to 4 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
IEEE 1394 VIA VT6308 chip:
1. Up to 2 IEEE 1394a ports (1 port on the back panel, 1 port available through the internal IEEE 1394a header)
Internal I/O Connectors
1. 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
2. 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
3. 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
4. 1 x CPU fan header
5. 2 x system fan headers
6. 1 x power fan header
7. 1 x front panel header
8. 1 x front panel audio header
9. 1 x S/PDIF Out header
10. 3 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
11. 1 x USB 3.0/2.0 header
12. 1 x IEEE 1394a header
13. 1 x serial port header
14. 1 x clearing CMOS jumper
15. 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
Back Panel Connectors
1. 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
2. 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
3. 1 x IEEE 1394 port
4. 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
5. 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
6. 2 x eSATA 6Gb/s connector
7. 1 x RJ-45 port
8. 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
1. ITE IT8720 chip
1. System voltage detection
2. CPU/System temperature detection
3. CPU/System/Power fan speed detection
4. CPU overheating warning
5. CPU/System/Power fan fail warning
6. CPU/System fan speed control (Note 5)
1. 2 x 32 Mbit flash
2. Use of licensed AWARD BIOS
3. Support for DualBIOS™
4. PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.4, ACPI 1.0b
1. Support for @BIOS
2. Support for Q-Flash
3. Support for Xpress BIOS Rescue
4. Support for Download Center
5. Support for Xpress Install
6. Support for Xpress Recovery2
7. Support for EasyTune (Note 6)
8. Support for Easy Energy Saver
9. Support for Smart Recovery
10. Support for Auto Green
11. Support for ON/OFF Charge
12. Support for Cloud OC
13. Support for 3TB+ Unlock
14. Support for Q-Share
1. Norton Internet Security (OEM version)
1. Support for Microsoft Windows 7/ Vista/ XP
1. ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
Note (Note 1) Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.
(Note 2) To support a DDR3 1866 MHz (and above) memory, you must install an AMD AM3+ CPU first.
(Note 3) For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16_1 slot; if you are installing two PCI Express graphics cards, it is recommended that you install them in the PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2 slots.
(Note 4) The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16_2 slot. When PCIEX8 is populated with a PCI Express expansion card, the PCIEX16_2 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
(Note 5) Whether the CPU/system fan speed control function is supported will depend on the CPU/system cooler you install.
(Note 6) Available functions in EasyTune may differ by motherboard model.
No customer comments for the moment.
Only registered users can post a new comment.